Used Chevrolet Express Van
Find a Used Chevy Express Van at Sunrise Chevrolet
Shopping for used cars often presents customers with far too many options. Even if you know what model you want, you have to do lots of research on every year of every vehicle to find the options you want. Choosing a full-sized van like a used Chevy Express is much easier. Vans don’t change very much, having always been primarily built to carry lots of people or lots of cargo. The Express has been on the market for around forty years with one major redesign during that time. Still there have been some changes of which to keep aware.
Chevy Express: 1996 to Present
The current Express models came to the market in 1996. There have been plenty of changes during that time to keep in mind while shopping:
- 2001: This year, Chevy started to offer the LT trims with more features like rear air conditioning vents and power accessories. Fleet and business owners tend to prefer the basic LS that has a stereo and air conditioning.
- 2003: For this year there were a bunch of changes. Chevy added three new engines (a V6 and two V8s), as well as adding optional all-wheel.
- 2007: Chevy dropped the V6 entirely and boosted the output of both V8 engines up to 301 hp and 323 hp.
- 2008: The interior of the vehicle was refreshed this year and Chevy added stability control and side curtain airbags as standard features.
- 2010: Both engines received improvements. The 5.3L V8 was tuned to produce 310 hp and the 6.0L V8 received a six-speed automatic transmission.
- 2011: Chevy introduced a new 4.8L V8 and a turbodiesel V8.
We don’t tend to get very many of these, but any model before 1996 was mostly the same for 30 years. There was a variety of engine choices including a 6.2L V8 diesel and a powerful 7.4L V8. The 5.7L V8 was probably the most popular choice.
Take a Test Drive at Sunrise Chevrolet
If you’re looking for a large cargo van, come to Sunrise Chevy. Located at 414 E. North Avenue in Glendale Heights and right by Bloomingdale, we think a used Express will suit you well.