The 2017 Chevrolet Volt is offered in two well-equipped trim levels, both of which come accessibly priced, especially after you apply up to $7,500 in federal tax credits for going green. Here’s the price before the credit is applied:
- 2017 Chevrolet Volt LT: MSRP from $33,220
- 2017 Chevrolet Volt Premier: MSRP from $37,570
Hybrid Performance and Fuel Economy
What powers the 2017 Chevrolet Volt is a plug-in hybrid system consisting of a 1.5L conventional gas engine and generator along with a pair of electric motors powered by a 18.4 kWh lithium-ion battery pack. This powertrain setup provides a surprisingly confident 149 hp and special drive settings for Normal, Sport, Hold, and Mountain conditions, as well as a “Regen on Demand” option that optimizes the amount of energy being recycled to the battery pack during deceleration.
The EPA has estimated the 2017 Chevrolet Volt can run for 53 miles on battery power alone, after which it should be plugged into a 120-volt or 240-volt charging station. When the electric motors are depleted, the Volt still gets an EPA-estimated 43 mpg city and 42 mpg highway.
If you’re looking to enjoy fun features in your next car, you’ll be glad to see that the 2017 Chevrolet Volt matches the sophistication of its powertrain with the advanced nature of its cabin.
- OnStar Telematics: Every Volt model comes with the state-of-the-art OnStar telematics system, which provides automatic crash notification, emergency roadside assistance, navigation, and a stolen vehicle locator, and turns your car into a 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Chevrolet MyLink: Enjoy quick, intuitive, and attractive access to all your favorite media with the Chevrolet MyLink 8-inch touchscreen interface mounted into your center console. This system comes with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration, as well as satellite radio and easy navigation access.
- Bose Stereo: Listen to your favorite music and talk programs with better sound by opting for the available eight-speaker Bose stereo system.
- Driver Confidence: Stay safer on the go by opting for the Driver Confidence package with blind spot monitoring, lane departure warning, and rear cross traffic alerts. You can also upgrade to the Driver Confidence 2 package to add forward collision warning, lane departure intervention, and even an adaptive headlight system. For the first time ever, the Volt is also offered with autonomous emergency braking and adaptive cruise control.
The 2017 Chevrolet Volt is smartly designed to provide room for your entire family. There’s seating for up to five passengers, and you’ll also have 10.6 cubic feet of cargo space in back along with the option put down the 60/40-split folding rear seats to open up more storage. On the comfort and style front, every model features high-end materials and stylish accents throughout the dashboard, doors, and beyond, as well as a leather-wrapped steering wheel. You can also opt for leather upholstery, heated front and rear seats, and a heated steering wheel.
On account of some of the biggest names in auto review publishing, the 2017 Chevrolet Volt is a huge hit.
- Edmunds: “The 2017 Chevrolet Volt offers unique plug-in hybrid functionality in a sleek, high-tech package. For the right shopper, it’s a home run.”
- The Car Connection: “The 2017 Chevy Volt offers excellent fuel efficiency, and refined driving, improving on its predecessor in every way that counts.”
Find Out if the 2017 Chevrolet Volt is the Right for You in Glendale Heights
If you’re looking for a well-rounded and fuel-efficient hatchback, the 2017 Chevrolet Volt is a premier model for your consideration. Take the drive from Bloomingdale to check it out at Sunrise Chevrolet, located at 414 E. North Ave in Glendale Heights, IL. Contact our sales team Monday through Saturday to set up a test drive!