Compared to competitors offering similar levels or even less luxury and performance, the 2017 Chevrolet Impala is accessibly priced for a family budget.
- 2017 Chevrolet Impala LS: MSRP starting at $27,300
- 2017 Chevrolet Impala LT: MSRP starting at $29,565
- 2017 Chevrolet Impala Premier: MSRP stating at $35,645
Performance and Fuel Efficiency
The 2017 Chevrolet Impala is available with a pair of capable engine options, both delivering power, speed, and driver control while doing more to save gas.
- Engines: The LS and 1LT trims come standard with a 2.5L four-cylinder engine that puts out 197 hp and 191 lb-ft of torque. Standard on the Premier trim and available on other trims is a 3.5L V6 that elevates power ratings to 305 hp and 264 lb-ft of torque. With that engine installed, the Impala can move from 0 to 60 mph in only 6.4 seconds, faster than most other full-size sedans on the road.
- Transmission: Both engines are paired with a six-speed automatic transmission that directs power to the front wheels.
- Fuel Efficiency: Thanks to a standard stop/start engine system that saves gas at red lights, the four-cylinder is rated at an EPA-estimated 22 mpg city and 30 mpg highway. It dips just slightly with the V6 engine to 18 mpg city and 28 mpg highway, according to the EPA.
Trims and Features
Driving in the latest Impala is great for both driver and passengers because each trim comes loaded with upscale features and advanced technologies exclusive to Chevrolet.
- LS: The outside of the car sports bold 18-inch wheels, power-adjustable side mirrors, and sound-canceling glass for a peaceful ride. Inside, drivers can take advantage of cruise control and an eight-way power adjustable driver’s seat with power lumbar support. Technology includes Bluetooth connectivity, a six-speaker stereo with satellite radio, and the OnStar system with automatic crash notification, emergency roadside assistance, and a 4G LTE Wi-Fi connection.
- LT: This trim adds heated mirrors and alloy wheels, upgrades the upholstery to partial faux-leather, and equips dual-zone climate control. There are also a number of new tech features, including a seven-inch Chevy MyLink touchscreen interface with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration.
- Premier: In addition to the standardization of the V6 engine, this trim comes with top-of-the-line features like leather upholstery, xenon headlights, keyless ignition and entry, an 11-speaker Bose stereo, wireless phone charging, and a rear spoiler, along with lots of others. Drivers have the option to add a sunroof, 20-inch wheels, and an advanced safety suite.
The Impala offers a surprisingly upscale cabin with stylish designs, a user-friendly setup, and lots of details to make traveling more comfortable. The generous footprint of the car also creates plenty of room to bring along everyone and everything. You can comfortably load up five adults and ensure everyone has plenty of head, leg, and shoulder room thanks to the 123.8 cubic feet of interior space. Since the cabin can be equipped with three USB ports, a wireless charger, and a 120-volt outlet, everyone’s devices are easy to keep powered on the road as well
The trunk holds a generous 18.8 cubic feet of stuff, enough to keep even large loads out of the back seat. When you do need more room, the 60/40-split rear seats quickly fold down to accommodate longer items.
The 2017 Chevrolet Impala has been carefully designed to keep everyone inside safe from all the dangers of the road. Independent crash tests prove that the Impala offers superior levels of protection. The NHTSA gave the Impala a perfect five-star overall rating, including perfect scores for both front and side impacts. The IIHS also gave the car top scores and rated it as “Superior” for front crash prevention.
Standard safety features include anti-lock breaks, stability and traction control, 10 airbags located throughout the cabin, and OnStar telematics—which connects drivers with emergency responders and roadside assistance providers. Optional features include a rearview camera, lane-departure warning, blind spot monitoring, forward collision warning, and automatic emergency braking.
Own the Road in the 2017 Chevrolet Impala From Sunrise Chevy
Find out what it’s like behind the wheel of the 2017 Chevy Impala at Sunrise Chevrolet, located at 414 E. North Ave in Glendale Heights, IL. To reach us from Bloomingdale, just take Glen Ellyn Road south and turn right at the Brunswick Zone location. To ask questions or schedule a test drive, contact us at your convenience.