Considering that the 2017 Chevrolet Equinox can accomplish more than two or three other vehicles rolled into one, its price is a great value at any trim level.
- 2017 Chevrolet Equinox L: MSRP starting at $23,100
- 2017 Chevrolet Equinox LS: MSRP starting at $25,510
- 2017 Chevrolet Equinox LT: MSRP starting at $26,750
- 2017 Chevrolet Equinox Premier: MSRP starting at $30,040
Performance and MPG
Whether on busy city streets, winding roads, major highways, or even off-road trails, the 2017 Chevrolet Equinox delivers a dynamic blend of power, agility, and efficiency. It’s also one of the only options in its class with a powerful V6 engine option.
- Engines: The Equinox comes standard with a 2.4L four-cylinder engine that produces 182 hp and 172 lb-ft of torque. Drivers looking for more power can upgrade to a 3.6L V6 that delivers 301 hp and 272 lb-ft of torque. With the added power, the vehicle can jump to 60 mph in a swift 7.0 seconds and tow up to 3,500 pounds.
- Transmission: Both options come paired with a six-speed automatic transmission. Front-wheel drive is standard, but all-wheel drive is optional on all but the base L trim.
- Efficiency: The Equinox is surprisingly efficient for a vehicle of its size. The four-cylinder engine is rated at 22 mpg city and 32 mpg highway, while the V6 dips just slights to 20 mpg city and 28 mpg highway.
Trims and Features
Despite its accessible price, the 2017 Chevrolet Equinox comes impressively equipped at every trim level.
- L: The exterior features stylish 17-inch alloy wheels and convenient automatic headlights. Inside, you will find a power driver’s seat and and a sliding/reclining second-row seat. Onboard technologies include OnStart with a 4G LTE connection, a rearview camera, Bluetooth phone connectivity, and a 7-inch touchscreen.
- LS: In addition to available all-wheel drive, this trim adds satellite radio, an optional towing package, and an integrated compass.
- LT: The body of the vehicle receives more style enhancements as well as heated mirrors, daytime running lights, and a roof rack. The cabin is upgraded with Bluetooth audio connectivity, a more expansive infotainment system, voice controls, and integration with apps like Stitcher and Pandora.
- Premier: At the top of the trim ladder, you will enjoy larger 18-inch alloy wheels, foglights, remote start, luxurious leather upholstery, a more variable power driver’s seat, and automatic climate controls. You can also add options like a sunroof, a navigation system, advanced safety features, and a power liftgate.
Thanks to a large and customizable cabin, the 2017 Chevrolet Equinox makes it easy to load up lots of passengers and cargo. There is seating for five spread throughout 99.7 cubic feet of passenger space, ensuring everyone has plenty of room even when all seats are occupied. Cargo room behind the second-row seats measures 31.5 cubic feet, but with the seats folded down that figure expands to 63.7 cubic feet.
Drivers are not the only ones who have been excited about the arrival of the 2017 Chevrolet Equinox.
- Edmunds: “The 2017 Chevrolet Equinox is a solid bet if you want a reasonably sized crossover SUV with plenty of backseat space.”
- The Car Connection: “The Chevrolet Equinox is just a little bit larger than most compact SUVs, which translates to some extra wiggle room inside when you need to balance cargo and passengers. In that respect, the Equinox feels designed for the ins and outs of family use.”
Count on the 2017 Chevrolet Equinox from Sunrise Chevrolet
To fully appreciate all the Equinox has to offer, you really need to experience it in person. Make your way to Sunrise Chevrolet located at 414 North Ave. in Glendale Heights, IL, and work with our team of Chevrolet experts. We can give you a comprehensive tour of the features before taking you out for a revealing test drive. To reach us from Bloomingdale, simply head south on Glen Ellyn Road, and turn right onto North Avenue at the Brunswick Zone. If you have questions, please contact us.