New for the 2017 Chevrolet Colorado is a 3.6L V6 engine that replaces the identically sized V6 that previously powered the Colorado. This powertrain is now mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission, which helps to deliver more horsepower and torque. Additional changes for the 2017 model year include a few new drive modes, as well as the inclusion of an off-roading ZR2 trim in the lineup that will be available in spring of 2017.
The 2017 Chevrolet Colorado is offered at a variety of price points, depending on the configuration, drivetrain, and trim you select:
- Extended Cab, Long Box: MSRP from $20,995
- Crew Cab, Short Box: MSRP from $26,575
- Crew Cab, Long Box: MSRP from $28,245
There are three different engines available with the 2017 Colorado, all of which prove quite capable performers. Standard is a 2.5L inline-four, but also available is a brand-new 3.6L V6 that increases output to 308 hp and 275 lb-ft of torque and can tow a maximum of 5,000 pounds. You can choose between either rear-wheel drive and four-wheel drive. Additionally, the Colorado is available with a 2.8L turbo-diesel engine, which promises up to an EPA-estimated 30 mpg combined city/highway, as well as a towing capacity of 7,700 pounds and 369 lb-ft of torque.
Perhaps the most noteworthy trim among the 2017 Chevrolet Colorado models is the all-new ZR2, which boasts an off-road mode that easily adapts to driving conditions. This trim can run on either the 2.6L V6 or the 2.8L turbo-diesel engines, and includes Multimatic Shocks and front and rear electronic locking differentials, as well.
Not only can the Chevrolet Colorado get every job done, but it can also keep you and your passengers well connected and entertained thanks to a variety of technology features:
- Chevrolet MyLink: Chevrolet’s exclusive infotainment system comes with either a 7- or 8-inch color touchscreen display that allows for easy access to music via Bluetooth connectivity.
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto: Directly access your iPhone or Android’s apps through the Chevrolet MyLink system. You can get directions, listen to music, and more via a screen that mirrors that of your mobile device.
- 4G LTE Wi-Fi: Stay connected on the go thanks to the available 4G LTE Wi-Fi through the OnStar telematics system. Up to seven devices can connect to the Internet at once thanks to this built-in Wi-Fi connection.
- myChevrolet Mobile App: Control your Colorado from afar with the myChevrolet mobile app. You can start or stop your engine, lock or unlock your car, view diagnostic information, and much more from virtually anywhere.
- Teen Driver Technology: Rest assured when your teenager hits the road, as Chevrolet’s Teen Driver technology within the Chevrolet Colorado automatically activates different safety features and notifies you of how your teen drove, so that you can work with them on what can be done better next time.
The 2017 Chevrolet Colorado comes equipped with a wide array of advanced safety features, meaning you’ll be prepared for any situation that comes your way. Every model has a rearview camera to help you with parking and reversing, and you can add forward collision alerts and lane departure warnings for added protection. Plus, the OnStar telematics system serves you by notifying emergency personnel in the event of a crash, and the Colorado will immediately turn off the car, unlock the doors, and turn on cabin and hazard lights to assist you in an emergency.
Critics across the automotive industry have been quick to praise the 2017 Chevrolet Colorado, given its impressive performance and daily driving dynamics:
- Car and Driver: “The status quo is constantly changing in the pickup-truck world, and the Chevrolet Colorado mid-size truck is staying fresh for 2017 with a completely new powertrain.”
- The Car Connection: “Don’t quite need a full-size truck? The Chevrolet Colorado makes a compelling case for the way most of us truly use our pickups.”
Finance the 2017 Chevrolet Colorado at Sunrise Chevrolet
The 2017 Chevrolet Colorado is on sale now, and it can be yours at Sunrise Chevrolet. We serve Bloomingdale drivers at 414 E. North Ave in Glendale Heights, IL, and we’re easy to reach if you have any questions. We look forward to getting you behind the wheel of this exceptional midsize pickup truck!