Returning after a full redesign in the 2016 model year, you might think General Motors wouldn’t have much in store for the 2017 Chevrolet Camaro. You’d be wrong, though. The newest Camaro boasts a number of exciting changes, not least of which is the addition of an all-new Camaro ZL1 with a supercharged 6.2L V8 engine.
There are other performance enhancements to go around, as well, including a new 1LE performance package that gives the Camaro increased agility and responsiveness. Topping off this year’s Camaro lineup is a 50th Anniversary Edition to celebrate 50 years of American muscle with special interior and exterior styling and branding—a must have for the true collector!
The 2017 Chevrolet Camaro stands as a muscle car providing confident performance that’s accessible to a range of drivers’ budgets.
- 2017 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT: MSRP from $26,305
- 2017 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT: MSRP from $30,405
- 2017 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS: MSRP from $36,905
- 2017 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS: MSRP from $41,905
There are four different engine options available on the 2017 Chevrolet Camaro, as well as the choice between a smooth-shifting six-speed manual and eight-speed automatic transmission with steering-wheel-mounted paddle shifters.
- Base Engine: The turbocharged 2.0L inline-four that comes standard on the first two Camaro trims makes a confident 275 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque while topping out the lineup in fuel economy with up to 31 mpg highway and 22 mpg city, according to the EPA.
- V6 Engine: The first two trims are also offered with a naturally aspirated 3.6L V6 that makes a sure-footed 335 hp and 284 lb-ft of torque, which is enough for it to reach 60 mph in 5.4 seconds.
- SS Engine: Move up to either of the SS trims, and you’ll get a muscular 6.2L V8 engine that produces a robust 455 hp and 455 lb-ft of torque. That amount of power helps the Camaro SS sprint to 60 mph in only 4.2 seconds.
- ZL1 Engine: All-new this year is the late release of the Camaro ZL1. This model will be motivated by a supercharged 6.2L V8 which is slated to dish out an uncompromising 640 hp and 640 lb-ft of torque.
If you thought buying a muscle car meant a stripped down affair inside the cabin, you’d be mistaken. The 2017 Chevrolet Camaro comes fully equipped with a latest and greatest in auto technology.
- OnStar Telematics: You’ll enjoy additional security thanks to the OnStar telematics system, which comes with automatic crash notification, on-demand roadside assistance, and a stolen vehicle locater feature. You’ll also get turn-by-turn navigation, as well as a 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot that allows up to seven devices to connect to the Internet on the go.
- Chevrolet MyLink: Your Camaro will be a full-scale information and entertainment station thanks to the standard Chevrolet MyLink system. This advanced touchscreen interface comes with full smartphone integration through Apple CarPlay and Android Auto and ensures access to satellite radio, HD radio, and Bluetooth.
- Bose Stereo: If you decide to go with the available Technology package, you’ll enjoy your favorite programs and songs through a premium nine-speaker Bose audio stereo.
- Driver Assist Safety: Every 2017 Camaro comes with a rearview camera, and if you add the Convenience and Lighting package, you’ll also get a blind spot monitoring system, lane departure warnings, and rear cross-traffic alerts.
Thanks to its exciting updates, commanding presence, and storied performance, the 2017 Chevrolet Camaro is garnering some impressive reviews.
- Edmunds: “In the search for a sporty two-door coupe, you’re more than likely to come across the 2017 Chevrolet Camaro. You shouldn’t pass up the chance at a test-drive. With new hardware underneath and multiple available engines, you might be surprised by the Camaro’s newfound levels of handling and performance.”
- Car and Driver: “Visually, the 2017 Camaro ZL1 looks meaner than any sixth-gen Camaro we’ve seen so far. It’s not all for show, either, as the front splitter, rocker-panel extensions, and rear wing all are designed to improve the car’s aerodynamics for better high-speed stability.”
Experience the Uncompromising 2017 Chevrolet Camaro
When it comes to classic American muscle, there’s nothing quite like the 2017 Chevrolet Camaro. Experience the future of this iconic model at Sunrise Chevrolet, located just a short trip from Bloomingdale at 414 E. North Ave in Glendale Heights, IL. We’re open for sales seven days a week, and you can contact us online or by phone at 630-984-7554.