Unlike other cars, the 2016 Chevrolet SS is not available at lots of trim levels. You pay one price and everything is included. The new Chevy SS has an MSRP starting at $46,575.
The 2016 Chevrolet SS is not styled like a sports car, but it certainly performs like one. If you’re looking for a sensible daily driver that you can also unleash for some thrills on an empty road, this is a great option.
- Engine: Under the hood is a 6.2L V8 engine that generates 415 hp and 415 lb-ft of torque. That is enough power to rocket this car from 0-60 mph in a competitive 4.9 seconds.
- Transmission: You have the option to pair the engine with either a six-speed automatic or manual transmission. The automatic comes with a TAPshift feature that puts you in complete control of the transmission.
- Enhancements: In order to improve the overall quality of the drive, the SS also comes standard with Brembo brakes that can stop the car from 60 mph in just 110 feet. Plus, the stiff frame of the vehicle and the magnetic ride suspension enable precision handling on all roads and in all conditions.
The list of features that comes standard on the SS is way too long to list in full. Rest assured that if you want it, it’s probably already built into the car. Here’s a look at just a few of the highlights.
- Exterior: The 19-inch forged aluminum wheels add style, while the Xenon headlights improve nighttime visibility. And thanks to keyless entry and ignition, you never have to go fumbling for your keys.
- Interior: Everyone stays comfortable thanks to the dual-zone automatic climate controls, especially those in the front who ride on heated and ventilated ten-way power-adjustable seats wrapped in premium leather upholstery.
- Technology: Use the eight-inch touchscreen display to consult your rearview camera, navigation system, and infotainment interface, or crank up the nine-speaker Bose stereo system with satellite radio. The car also comes with a 4G LTE Wi-Fi connection that you can use on up to seven devices.
- Safety: Active features include an automated parallel parking system, blind spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert, lane departure warning, forward collision alert, and a head-up display.
The interior of the 2016 Chevrolet SS is so smartly designed and handsomely appointed that you might find yourself looking for excuses to drive just so you can enjoy the experience of the cabin for a little longer. The touchscreen display is intuitively integrated into the center console, and the entire cabin is built from high-quality materials and displays an exacting attention to detail. Thanks to the 5-mm thick side glass, the cabin is free of road noises and vibrations.
In terms of dimensions, there is plenty of room for five full-sized adults to ride comfortably thanks to the ample amounts of head, leg, and shoulder room in each seat. And with a trunk that holds 16.4 cubic feet of stuff, you never need to worry about running out of room for storage.
The people who really know cars agree that the 2016 Chevrolet SS is something to be excited about.
- Auto Blog: “The 2016 Chevy SS benefits from revised front-end styling that incorporates new vertical ducts designed to direct airflow over the front wheel wells.”
- Top Speed: “There’s nothing new in the drivetrain department either, but that’s not exactly a problem given the Chevy SS is plenty powerful for its purpose.”
- Car Gurus: “The SS will be the least expensive performance car in the world with [magnetic ride suspension], which can soak up bumps like a luxury cruiser and then become race-car firm in a millisecond.
Step Up to the 2016 Chevrolet SS
When you’re ready to take this car out on the road, head to Sunrise Chevrolet at 414 North Avenue in Glendale Heights, IL. Our dealership is located only 10 minutes from Bloomingdale and is easy to reach by taking Glen Ellyn Road south and taking a right at the Brunswick Zone location. Contact us with any questions about this car or the dealership.