While it may seem a bit pricey, compare the 2016 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 to its international peers in the supercar segment, and it’ll be clearer than ever that Chevrolet has packed some serious value into its prized flagship model.
- 2016 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 1LT: $60,400
- 2016 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT: $64,855
- 2016 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 3LT: $70,145
Expect nothing less than exemplary performance from the distinctive 2016 Chevrolet Corvette Z51. Under the hood of this model is a 6.2L V8 engine that pumps out a staggering 460 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque thanks to the dry-sump oiling system and dual exhaust pipes. On the other end of the powertrain, you can choose between a seven-speed manual transmission with rev-matching or an eight-speed automatic with paddle shifters.
Every version of this supercar comes standard with the Z51 performance package. This means you’ll get a number of upgrades over the Corvette Stingray, starting with 19-inch front wheels, 20-inch rear wheels and a performance suspension with finely tuned stabilizer bars, springs, and shocks. The transmission has also been given adjustments to the gear ratios to help get the most out of the engine, while the electronic limited-slip differential further enhances performance. Upgraded Brembo brakes and slotted brake rotors help prepare the vehicle for the performance boost.
Trims and Features
The 2016 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 parallels its 2016 Corvette Stingray counterpart in that both models come available in similarly equipped 1LT, 2LT, and 3LT trim packages, the biggest difference being the Z51 Performance Package that comes with each of these trims.
- Z51 1LT: Step into the base trim, and you’ll immediately be met with style and fun thanks to the fine leather upholstery and a premium Bose stereo system with satellite radio. Tech highlights begin with Chevrolet’s OnStar telematics system with emergency roadside assistance and a 4G LTE Wi-FI hotspot, and they continue with a rearview camera and full smartphone app integration thanks to the Chevrolet MyLink infotainment interface and Apple CarPlay.
- Z51 2LT: By choosing to move up to the mid-level trim, you’ll get your Corvette Z51 fitted with a pair of Bose subwoofers and upgraded parking cameras. You and your passenger will also experience more comfort because of the heated and ventilated seats with power lumbar support.
- Z51 3LT: Maybe the most fun highlight on this trim is the Performance Data Recorder that lets you measure your performance. Other highlights include even nicer leather upholstery with synthetic suede and an instrument panel that matches the color of your interior trim.
There’s little room for doubt when it comes to the 2016 Chevrolet Corvette Z51, and it seems clear that the critics agree.
- Edmunds: “With its epic performance, advanced features and easy-to-drive nature, the 2016 Chevrolet Corvette just might be the world’s best sports-car bargain.”
- Car and Driver: “The mighty Corvette truly competes with the world’s greatest sports cars, no excuses required. With a 6.2-liter V-8 making 455 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque (an optional sport exhaust is good for 460 hp and 465 lb-ft), an eight-speed automatic is now available in addition to the standard seven-speed manual. The Corvette sheds its unrefined reputation and has an interior befitting its stature. Offered as a targa or convertible, the Corvette is a performance bargain that you must drive to believe.”
- The Car Connection: “The 2016 Chevrolet Corvette’s exceptional performance, style, comfort, and features, as well as its choice of high-power engines and body styles, adds up to an impressive sports car and grand tourer in one—and a car that won’t break the bank.”
Interior and Cargo Room
The 2016 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 is a coupe in the classic sense of the term. That means it features a performance cockpit with room for two sleek bucket seats. You’ll also find a trunk in the coupe that provides 15.0 cubic feet of cargo room, while opting for the convertible decreases the total trunk space to 10.0 cubic feet.
Get All the Details at Sunrise Chevrolet
Does the 2016 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 fit the description of the classic flagship supercar that you’ve been dreaming of for years? Bloomingdale drivers can get a better sense of everything the newest Corvette Z51 has to offer by visiting the team at Sunrise Chevrolet at 414 E. North Ave. in Glendale Heights, IL. You can contact our sales staff during our regular hours with any questions.