2015 Chevy Volt Price
The 2015 Chevy Volt has an accessible starting price of $35,345. Many car buyers qualify for state and federal incentives and rebates that lower the price even further. Plus, since the electric motor handles so much of your average travel, you will spend significantly less on gas over the lifetime of the vehicle.
2015 Chevy Volt Specs
The Volt utilizes an all-electric motor for the first part of every trip, and once the charge is depleted it switches over to a conventional gas engine which works to recharge the batteries and supplement power. Drivers get the best of both worlds – cheap and clean electric power, plus reliable gas power when needed.
The electric motor puts out 149 hp and a surprising 273 lb-ft of torque. The gas engine is a 1.4L four-cylinder capable of 83 hp. Drivers can select different driving modes including Normal, Hold, Sport, and Mountain depending on terrain and driving needs.
2015 Chevy Volt MPG
The 2015 Chevy Volt has the best all-electric range of any plug-in hybrid. But even with the gas engine helping out, the car remains highly efficient. You might be able to handle all or most of your daily driving without using any gas at all thanks to an all-electric range of 38 miles.
When the gas engine is activated the car is rated at 35 mpg in the city and 40 mpg on the highway. Recharge the batteries in 10-16 hours with a 110-volt power outlet, or approximately 4 hours with a 240-volt power outlet. A full charge costs about $1.70 in electricity, which certainly will help cut down the number of trips to the gas station.
The Volt isn’t just a great hybrid, it is a great car. Expect to find all the features you would expect like air conditioning, cruise control, and power accessories, plus exciting and advanced features like these:
- The Volt comes with an OnStar system that extends wireless 4G LTE internet coverage for up to seven devices.
- The standard Chevy MyLink infotainment system gives you access to Pandora and SiriusXM satellite radio and will even read incoming text messages aloud to you.
- Keyless access and push button start mean you never have to fumble to find your keys.
- Antilock brakes, full-cabin airbags, and stability and traction control have helped the Volt to earn a perfect five-star overall safety rating from the NHTSA.
- A premium trim package adds luxury upgrades like leather upholstery, heated seats, and a rear seat center armrest.
- Optional security packages add features like a rearview camera, rear parking sensors, and forward collision and lane departure warnings.
2015 Chevy Volt Reviews
The critics have found a lot to like about the latest Volt, and they haven’t only focused on the hybrid powertrain. It’s clear that this is a great model for any driver, not just those focused on efficiency and sustainability.
- Edmunds: “The 2015 Chevrolet Volt is surprisingly rewarding to drive. It has an effortless wave of torque typical of electric power, and behaves like a more potent hybrid when the all-electric mode runs out.”
- The Car Connection: “The Volt continues to have some of the very best information-display graphics of any electric vehicle.”
- Kelly Blue Book: “The best news is that, unlike competitors such as the BMW i3, the Chevy Volt isn’t awkward or ungainly. In fact, inside and out, it’s pretty cool.”
Experience the Future of Driving in a 2015 Chevy Volt
Test drive the Chevy Volt, and prepare to be surprised at how strong and sporty a hybrid can feel. There are lots of Volts available to explore at Sunrise Chevrolet located at 414 North Avenue in Glendale Heights, IL. We are just 10 minutes south of Bloomingdale off of Glen Ellyn road. You will find us just west of the Brunswick Zone. Drive in our direction Monday through Saturday to experience a new 2015 Chevy Volt in person.