2015 Chevy Cruze Diesel Performance Specs and MPG
The major feature that distinguishes the Chevrolet Cruze Diesel from the other Cruze models is the turbodiesel engine. The star of the show is a 2.0L four-cylinder turbodiesel engine that cranks out 151 lb-ft of torque and 264 lb-ft of torque. A six-speed automatic is standard equipment on the Cruze Diesel and it will sprint from 0 to 60 mph in 8.6 seconds, a competitive time for this segment.
The Cruze Diesel is rated at a whopping 27 mpg city, 46 mpg highway, and33 mpg combined by the EPA. Those numbers make this among the most efficient non-hybrid vehicles around.
Pricing and Trim Levels
The Cruze Diesel is only available in one trim level. It’s simply called the Cruze Diesel, but it is effectively the same as the Cruze 2LT when it comes to features. It starts at $25,985 MSRP. Some major options include:
- The Sun and Sound Package, which adds a power sunroof and a Pioneer premium 9-speaker audio system for $1,345.
- The Enhanced Safety Package, which gives you Rear Park Assist, Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, and a Side Blind Zone Alert for $790.
- The Chevy MyLink Radio with Navigation, which costs $495.
Chevy Cruze Features
The Chevy Cruze Diesel is available with high tech features that should thrill Bloomingdale area drivers. Here are some of the highlights:
- OnStar 4G LTE Car Wireless: This new feature gives you wireless connectivity to the internet even if your smartphone isn’t synched to the MyLink system. It can also share internet connectivity with other Wi-Fi enabled devices in the car.
- OnStar Telematics: The long-running OnStar system is standard in the Cruze, with automatic crash notification, on-demand roadside assistance, remote door unlocking, and much more.
- Blind Spot Monitoring: You can help keep yourself and others on the road safe with this neat feature that lets you know if another vehicle is where you can’t see it.
- Bluetooth Phone and Audio Connectivity: You can easily pair your phone with the Chevy MyLink system for safe, convenient access to phone and text features, plus streaming audio from services like Pandora and other internet radio apps.
- The MyLink System: Chevy’s infotainment system is easy to use, intuitive, and fully featured, with access to available features like navigation, local search, app integration, audio controls, and much more.
The Cruze Diesel is available with plenty of high-tech safety features, but it’s also well rated in crash tests.
- NHTSA: The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration gave the Cruze a perfect five-star overall rating, and perfect five-star ratings in both front crash and side crash tests.
- IIHS: The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety gave the Cruze its Top Safety Pick rating the last time it was tested. It received best possible Good ratings in the Moderate overlap front, side, roof strength, and head restraints and seats tests.
The Cruze also comes with standard features like stability and traction control, antilock brakes, a full length side curtain airbag, rear impact side airbags, a front knee airbag, and more!
The Chevy Cruze Diesel boasts an impressive refined interior with a sophisticated two tone color scheme. The seats are supportive and comfortable, which is particularly important in the Chevy Cruze diesel with its long range driving capability. The Cruze also has plenty of space in the trunk with 13.3 cubic feet, which rivals many cars even in larger segments.
Visit Sunrise Chevrolet
If you’re in the market for a sporty and efficient compact sedan then make sure the 2015 Chevrolet Cruze is on your short list! Come drive the latest Chevy Cruze here at Sunrise Chevrolet, your leading Glendale Heights and Bloomingdale area Chevy dealership. We’re located at 414 East North Avenue in Glendale Heights. Come visit us today!