Join the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk
Sunrise Chevrolet is proud to be participating in the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk on Sunday, Oct. 16 at Cantigny Park in Wheaton, and we’re looking for more participants and support! Learn more about the event, the cause, and what your donation means!
The American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk is an event meant to raise awareness and funds to fight breast cancer. All money raised through the walk goes toward the American Cancer Society’s efforts to support those affected by breast cancer in every community, including those who currently have a breast cancer diagnosis, those who may face a future diagnosis, and those who may avoid a diagnosis altogether thanks to education and risk reduction. Sunrise Chevrolet is participating in the walk because almost everyone in today’s society has been touched by breast cancer in some way, and the team wants to make a difference.
How Your Donation Can Help
Every donation makes a difference. Find out how your donation contributes to the American Cancer Society’s efforts.
- Lodging: $500 could set up a cancer patient and a caregiver with five nights of free lodging at an American Cancer Society Hope Lodge community, when the best bet for treatment is away from home.
- Navigation: $150 could connect a trained patient navigator to a cancer patient to help with diagnosis information and get the help they need.
- Support: $100 could provide a breast cancer patient with one-on-one peer support from a trained volunteer breast cancer survivor.
- Rides: $50 could provide five rides to and from treatment for a cancer patient.
- Research: $35 could support three years of follow-up for one participant enrolled in the American Cancer Society’s Cancer Prevention Study-3, which seeks to help better understand what causes cancer in an effort to ultimately prevent it.
- Information: $25 could help provide free 24-hour information and support via phone, email, and online chats for one person.
Stand Up to Breast Cancer with Sunrise Chevrolet
If you’d like to participate in the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk with Sunrise Chevrolet, or would like to make a donation to our team, please visit our team page or get in touch with the dealership!