If you are a new Chevrolet owner in the Chicago area, and have not yet learned how to program the Chevy HomeLink garage door opener, we have provided a step-by-step guide at Sunrise Chevrolet. Contact us with any further questions after perusing the instructions below.
Programming Your HomeLink Garage Door Opener for the First Time
- Ensure that the remote control transmitter has a new battery.
- Park your car facing your garage and switch on the ignition.
- Find your HomeLink buttons. It is likely that they will be located on your rearview mirror, your visor, or your overhead console.
- Hold your remote control transmitter 1-3 inches away from your HomeLink control button. While doing this, press the proper HomeLink control button as well as the corresponding remote control button.
- Hold the button until the HomeLink indicator light flashes slowly and then either changes to a solid light or flashes rapidly.
- The change indicates that frequency signal has been learned.
- If the HomeLink indicator light is solid, programming is complete. If the HomeLink indicator light flashes rapidly continuously, you need to follow with the simple steps below.
- Push the HomeLink controller button twice to activate. If this does not happen, try the following steps.
When the HomelLink indicator light flashes rapidly and continuously, it indicates a rolling code system. Because of this, you will need to take these additional steps for programming your garage door:
- Exit the car and enter your garage, locating the garage door opener motor.
- Find the “Learn” or “Smart” button. This is typically next to the hanging antenna wire on the back of the motor.
- Press the Learn button once, which will give you 30 seconds to complete the next task.
- Return to the vehicle, and push the programmed HomeLink control button three times to complete the activation process.
- Repeat the previous four steps for the remaining two HomeLink buttons, and your garage door should now be activated.
- Once programmed, you can use the HomeLink wireless control system and the original remote control transmitter to operate the garage door.
Learn More at Sunrise Chevrolet
If you are still having trouble with programming, take a look your owner’s manual or stop by our service center for assistance from our friendly technicians. You can also explore the latest Chevy technology and features like Apple CarPlay at Sunrise Chevrolet.
Service Tips From Sunrise Chevrolet
Nothing ruins a gorgeous vehicle like unsightly rust spots, but with the right rust prevention techniques, you can keep your car in mint condition for the long haul. The secret to learning how to prevent rust on a car lies in your routine maintenance habits. Preventing rust from occurring in the first place is much…
If you notice pooling liquid gathering under your vehicle, you might wonder, “Just why is my car leaking fluid?” While the best way to get an accurate diagnosis is to visit Sunrise Chevrolet directly, you can get a head start on the process by taking a look at the color of the leakage. From the reddish…
Road salt is a great tool to keep drivers and pedestrians safe around Chicago and Addison, but this harsh chemical can cause major damage to your vehicle if left unchecked. From damaging the finish to wearing holes straight through the bodywork, it’s important to learn how to protect your car from road salt if you…