Customize Your Power in the New Silverado
The all-new 2019 Silverado 1500 will have six engine and transmission combinations to give you customized power that matches your truck needs. The upgraded engine options include an all-new 2.7-liter turbo and V8 engines with industry-first Dynamic Fuel Management that offers 17 different modes of cylinder deactivation. And with the eight available trims on the 2019 Chevy Silverado, you’re sure to find a version that’s perfectly tailored to your needs for performance, efficiency, and technology. If you’re ready to get your new truck today, start browsing our current inventory online now!
“A major focus of the next-generation Silverado is expanding the range of choices,” said Tim Asoklis, chief engineer for the Silverado 1500. “With all-new engines and a broader model range, there’s a Silverado for everyone, whether you’re buying your first pickup or your tenth.”
Now you can look forward to more than half of the Silverado models boasting the most advanced V8 engines in Chevy’s history. The proven 5.3-liter and 6.2-liter engines will be equipped with industry-first Dynamic Fuel Management featuring 17 different modes of cylinder deactivation so you can get power when you need it and conserve fuel when you don’t. When you have tough jobs to tackle, the Chevrolet Silverado has what it takes to help you handle them without breaking a sweat.
Plus you’ll get innovative and upgraded tech with the all-new 2.7-liter turbo engine that’s replacing the 4.3-liter V6 as the standard on the high-volume Silverado LT and new Silverado RST. This elevated new engine is expected to offer 22 percent more torque, greater fuel efficiency, and a stronger power-to-weight ratio than the current model.
Other great engine options are the tried and true 4.3-liter V6 and 5.3-liter V8 engines that deliver full-size truck capability and performance for the most affordable trucks in the Silverado lineup. And if you need something out of the ordinary, the all-new, Duramax 3.0-liter inline six-cylinder turbo diesel will be available in early 2019. Get ready for next level power.
Chevrolet has created three broad customer profiles and tailored versions of the 2019 Silverado into these categories so you can quickly and easily find the one that suits your needs. Each engine/transmission combination is matched with exterior design and interior features that create distinct personalities for each Silverado trim. The profiles are: High Value, High Volume, and High Feature.
High Value — For customers seeking full-size truck capability and the highest level of affordability, the Work Truck (WT), Custom and Custom Trail Boss trims offer two proven engine and transmission combinations:
- Standard: 4.3L V-6 with Active Fuel Management and a six-speed automatic transmission (SAE-certified at 285 hp/305 lb-ft).
- Available: 5.3L V-8 with Active Fuel Management and a six-speed automatic transmission (SAE-certified at 355 hp/383 lb-ft).
High Volume — For customers shopping in the heart of the truck market, the LT, RST and LT Trail Boss trims balance technology, efficiency and performance:
- Standard for LT and RST: All-new 2.7L Turbo with Active Fuel Management and stop/start technology paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission (SAE-certified at 310 hp/348 lb-ft).
- Standard on LT Trail Boss and available on LT and RST: An updated 5.3L V-8 with Dynamic Fuel Management and stop/start technology with an eight-speed automatic transmission (SAE-certified at 355 hp/383 lb-ft).
- Available on LT and RST: The all-new Duramax 3.0L Turbo-Diesel with stop/start technology paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission will be available in early 2019.
High Feature — For customers shopping for a premium truck, the LTZ and High Country trims offer the highest levels of performance and technology, including:
- Standard: Updated 5.3L V-8 with Dynamic Fuel Management and stop/start technology paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission (SAE-certified at 355 hp/383 lb-ft).
- Available: Updated 6.2L V-8 with Dynamic Fuel Management and stop/start technology paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission (SAE-certified at 420 hp/460 lb-ft).
- Available: The all-new Duramax 3.0L inline-six Turbo-Diesel with stop/start technology paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission will be available in early 2019.
Don’t wait, start shopping for your new truck today! Check out our current inventory now and then stop by to test drive all your favorites so you can take home the truck you love. These 2019 Chevrolet Silverado models go on sale later this year, but you can talk to a team member today to learn how you can secure yours today!
Images courtesy of Chevrolet Media