How Much Do You Know About Chevy’s History?
Do you think you’re an expert on all things Chevy? Over the decades, Chevy has hit a lot of major milestones, helping the manufacturer become one of the world’s most storied names in the automotive industry. From its earliest roots to the modern elegance of the current Chevy lineup, Chevrolet has consistently given drivers and auto enthusiasts alike lots to be excited about. For this reason, we here at Sunrise Chevrolet would like to honor that legacy and have some fun with it, too, so we created this challenging quiz about the history of Chevrolet. Find out how much you really know, and get the answers to the questions you don’t!
The Chevy History Quiz
1. Chevrolet was originally founded on November 3, ________ by ________ and ________.
2. After Durant was ousted from Chevrolet, he founded General Motors. On May 2, ________, he helped create a joint merger to regain a stake in Chevrolet and position himself as the president of GM.
3. Chevy was founded in the heart of American car country at the Chevrolet Motor Company facility in ________.
4. Designed by ________, the ________ was the first Chevy model every made, with the first model going into full production in 1913.
5. Chevy rose to prominence in the 1950s and 1960s, and they first introduced the iconic Chevy Corvette in ________.
6. While rumors about its origins are rampant, what we know for sure is that the Chevy bowtie first appeared on the 1914 ________ and ________ models.
7. Chevrolet currently has operations set up in over ________ countries around the world.
8. After the United States, top sales of Chevy vehicles occur in ________ and ________.
9. In 1933, Chevy introduced the ________ and sold it as an accessibly priced six-cylinder model.
10. The Impala has been a favorite among full-size sedan shoppers for decades. Chevy first introduced a production model in ________, when it featured emerald green metallic exterior paint and design cues borrowed from the ________.
See the Latest From Chevy at Sunrise Chevrolet
Whether you’re a long-time Chevy buff or simply someone in need of a reliable mode of transport, there are countless reasons to have confidence in the Chevy name. Find out more about the history of the Chevrolet nameplate, and take a closer look at the models representing its continued legacy today at Sunrise Chevrolet, located at 414 North Avenue in Glendale Heights, IL. If you have any questions about Chevy’s current lineup or its history, feel free to contact our team.
3. Detroit, Michigan
4. Etienne Planche, Chevy Series C Classic Six
6. H Series, L Series
8. Brazil, China
9. Standard Six
10. 1958, Corvette