When you upgrade your daily travels with a new Chevy Equinox, you can shave some time off your morning commutes with fewer trips to the gas station. The 2022 Chevy Equinox gas mileage measures 26 mpg city/31 mpg highway in the base-level FWD model, giving it an edge over competitors on the road in Chicago. Compare the Chevy Equinox fuel economy between FWD and AWD models below, and learn a little more about the Equinox engine performance. Sunrise Chevrolet has all the details you need to make a confident upgrade!
2022 Chevy Equinox Fuel Economy: FWD vs. AWD
The 2022 Equinox has a strong power source in a 1.5L Turbo 4-cylinder engine found across the trim lineup. You’ll enjoy an exciting performance on Carol Stream roads, including helpful towing capabilities! The Equinox is available with FWD or AWD, your choice of which will have a very minimal impact on the Chevrolet Equinox mpg:
- Chevy Equinox MPG w/ FWD: EPA-estimated 26 mpg city/31 mpg highway
- Chevy Equinox MPG w/ AWD: EPA-estimated 25 mpg city/30 mpg highway
2022 Equinox Engine Specs
The Chevy Equinox fuel efficiency isn’t the only impressive performance spec delivered by the 1.5L Turbo 4-cylinder engine! Take a look at the other numbers it cranks out on every trip to Addison:
1.5L Turbo 4-cylinder Performance Specs
- 170 hp
- 203 lb-ft of torque
- Max. Towing Capacity: 1,500 pounds
Chevy Equinox Fuel Efficiency Features
There are a couple of built-in features that contribute to the Chevrolet Equinox mpg ratings. Learn more about them, below:
- Automatic Stop/Start: Under proper conditions, this feature will shut the engine off when you’re at a complete stop with your foot on the brake. The engine immediately restarts when your foot releases the brake. This helps conserve fuel when you’re at a long traffic light or stuck in traffic!
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS): When the air pressure in your tires is incorrect, it can negatively impact your Equinox mpg. The TPMS keeps you informed of your tires’ psi, so you can adjust it as necessary and maintain your fuel economy in Glendale Heights.
Get Behind the Wheel at Sunrise Chevrolet!
Ready to improve your daily travels with the Chevy Equinox fuel economy? Value your trade to kickstart your upgrade, then head to Sunrise Chevrolet to start the next steps. You can see the Equinox colors while you’re here and secure a favorable payment plan with our finance team!
More from Sunrise Chevrolet
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Daniel Schomer Email: [email protected] Phone: 630-942-8300 January 27, 2023 CARFAX Recognizes Sunrise Chevrolet as a Top-Rated Dealer in the Country Glendale Heights, IL – CARFAX has named Sunrise Chevrolet as a top-rated dealer in the country: an exclusive honor given to dealers who exhibit the best of the best in customer…
We know what you’re thinking. Every auto manufacturer seems to have one, two, sometimes even three compact crossovers to choose from. With so many options, it can be easy to get decision fatigue. Luckily, we’re here to help. We’re going to take a closer look at two of the most popular models dominating roadways, the…
When you’re in the market for a compact crossover, it may feel like there are loads of vehicles to choose from. After all, this segment is one of the fastest growing classes in the automotive industry. It’s only natural to ask yourself, “What’s the difference?” Two of the most popular compact crossovers on the road…