In the market for a fuel-efficient new SUV? Chicago drivers who like to hit the open road without worrying about stopping to fill up along the way know that the 2019 Chevy Traverse is a top choice. When you opt for the available 2.0L turbo engine (FWD), the Chevy Traverse gas mileage reaches an EPA-estimated 20 mpg city/26 mpg highway. Those who wish to opt for the base level 3.6L (FWD) engine will still enjoy competitive Chevy Traverse mpg numbers, with an EPA-estimated 18 mpg city/27 mpg highway. No matter the engine you choose, the new Traverse takes you farther with the help of the performance features highlighted below.
Chevy Traverse Fuel Efficiency Features
From advanced engine technology to intuitive driving modes, the Chevy Traverse is built to get you from point A to point B without overspending at gas stations along the way:
- A 9-speed automatic transmission aids in fuel efficiency and offers a smooth ride on Carol Stream roads.
- Intelligent Start/Stop technology automatically turns your engine off when you’re idling, helping to improve performance and increase fuel efficiency.
- With Traction Mode Select, you can switch between FWD, 4X4/SNOW, OFF-ROAD, OR TOW/HAUL modes, so you’re always getting optimal traction and fuel efficiency as you navigate various terrains
- With E10 fuel capability, your Traverse has the ability to run using alternative fuel sources.
Chevy Traverse Performance Features
In addition to fuel-saving features, the new Chevy Traverse comes equipped with impressive performance features that will help you power through arduous Addison commutes:
- 2.0L turbo four-cylinder engine generates 257 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque
- 3.6L engine generates 310 hp and 266 lb-ft of torque
- Available twin-clutch all-wheel drive offers increased driver control
- StabiliTrak Electronic Stability Control System allows you to take tight corners and hairpin turns with confidence
Find Your New Chevy Traverse at Sunrise Chevrolet
While the Chevy Traverse fuel efficiency and engine power look great on paper, there’s nothing like experiencing it for yourself. Contact us to arrange a test drive in Glendale Heights today! While you’re here, you can consult our finance team to start talking about leasing and financing options. Before you visit us, be sure to take a peek at our latest new vehicle specials!
More About the Chevrolet Traverse
2019 Chevy Traverse Gas Mileage
In the market for a fuel-efficient new SUV? Chicago drivers who like to hit the open road without worrying about stopping to fill up along the way know that the 2019 Chevy Traverse is a top choice. When you opt for the available 2.0L turbo engine (FWD), the Chevy Traverse gas mileage reaches an EPA-estimated…
What Is the 2019 Chevy Traverse Towing Capacity?
When shopping for a capable new SUV with serious towing power, Chicago drivers know that the 2019 Chevy Traverse is the way to go. When properly equipped, the new Traverse reaches a maximum towing capacity of 5,000 pounds – enough to tow a small camper or trailer full of equipment through Glendale Heights. Learn more about…