The 2015 Chevrolet Traverse is the Perfect Choice for Chicagoland Families
A great fit for families from Glendale Heights to Bloomingdale, and from throughout the greater Chicago area, the 2015 Chevrolet Traverse that is available at Sunrise Chevrolet is a stylish, dependable, and thoroughly versatile crossover SUV. Really, just about anyone who leads an active lifestyle will find that the new Traverse is more than able to carry you onto your next adventure in style and comfort. Please read on to learn more about all that this popular large crossover SUV from Chevy has to offer you today.
2015 Chevrolet Traverse Trim Levels
The 2015 Traverse is offered in three unique trim levels, allowing drivers to choose the model and features that best suit their needs:
- 2015 Chevy Traverse LS: The base model is affordably priced and comes loaded with features such as Bluetooth connectivity, USB/iPod interface, OnStar, 60/40-split folding second and third-row seats, satellite radio, and a rearview camera.
- 2015 Chevy Traverse LT: Two versions of the LT trim are available. The first 1LT trim adds an eight-way power driver seat, interior woodgrain trim, leather-wrapped steering wheel, foglights, and rear parking sensors. The 2LT comes with such additional features as tri-zone automatic climate control, heated front seats, MyLink with Siri Eyes Free, rear-seat audio controls and headphone jacks, and a power liftgate.
- 2015 Chevy Traverse LTZ: The top-of-the-line Traverse trim adds premium features including leather upholstery, eight-way power front passenger seat, a navigation system, and an array of advanced safety features such as blind spot monitoring, front collision warning, lane departure warning, and rear cross-traffic alert.
2015 Chevrolet Traverse Performance Specs
You’ll find that the Chevy Traverse has all of the power and excellent driving dynamics you want in an SUV. All models feature a solid 3.6L V6 engine. In the LS and LT models, this spirited engine delivers 281 hp and 266 lb-ft of torque; while in the LTZ model, which features dual-exhaust, the output jumps to 288 hp and 270 lb-ft of torque.
The standard transmission is a six-speed automatic, and you have the choice of either the standard front-wheel drive or the optional all-wheel drive system. Properly equipped, the Traverse has a maximum towing capacity of 5200 pounds.
Overall you can expect a smooth and quiet ride, with the easy handling and confident drivability that you want on city streets or the open highway.
2015 Chevrolet Traverse MPG
Here at Sunrise Chevrolet, we know that fuel economy is important to families throughout Chicagoland. You will be pleased to know that the new Traverse offers an excellent EPA estimated 17 mpg city and 24 mpg highway for front-wheel drive models, and 16 mpg city / 23 mpg highway on models equipped with all-wheel drive. Those are pretty decent numbers for a large V6-powered crossover SUV.
2015 Chevrolet Traverse Interior
The interior of this Chevy sports utility vehicle is remarkably refined, comfortable, and exceptionally spacious. Quality materials are employed throughout the cabin, and the overall design and styling is attractive and inviting. Its three-row seating can comfortably accommodate up to 8 passengers with plenty of headroom and legroom.
The standard cargo capacity is 24.4 cubic feet. When you fold down the second and third row seats, you can create a huge cargo space that is more than ample for hauling whatever you desire. In fact, with the rear seats folded down, the Traverse provides the largest cargo capacity of any vehicle in its class, a whopping 116.3 cubic feet! And that’s not even counting the underfloor storage bin.
2015 Chevrolet Traverse Safety
Vehicle safety is important to all drivers, but families especially want to make sure that they choose a vehicle that provides the maximum amount of protection in the case of a collision. The 2015 Traverse has earned the highest possible 5-Star Safety Rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), and comes standard with a wide array of top safety features including:
- Electronic stability and traction control
- Antilock brakes
- Rearview camera
- Tire-pressure monitoring system
- Front-seat side airbags and full-length side curtain airbags
A new safety feature for 2015, optional on the LS model and standard on the LT and LTZ, is an industry-first center airbag located between the front seats, which protect passengers from being thrown against one another in a side impact.
Also standard on all models is the OnStar system, which provides automatic crash notification, with on-demand roadside assistance, and stolen vehicle assistance features.
Innovative forward collision warning and lane departure warning systems are available on the LT models and standard on the LTZ, which also provides blind-spot and rear cross-traffic monitoring.
2015 Chevrolet Traverse Pricing
One thing that Drivers from in and around Bloomingdale and Glendale Heights will especially appreciate about the new Traverse is its affordable price tag. Here’s the pricing for each trim level:
- Traverse LS: Has an MSRP starting at only $31,870.
- Traverse LT: The 1LT starts at $33,795, while the 2LT pricing starts at $36,295.
- Traverse LTZ: The premium, top-of-the-line model has a sticker price that starts at only $42,810.
Come Test Drive the 2015 Chevrolet Traverse Today
Affordable, capable, efficient, versatile, and safe, the 2015 Traverse offers everything that families from the Glendale Heights and Bloomingdale area are looking for. We invite you to stop buy our Chevy dealership in Glendale Heights and experience this terrific crossover SUV for yourself today.
Our Chevy showroom is conveniently located at 414 East North Ave., just east of the Glendale Heights Plaza Shopping Center, in Glendale Heights, IL. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions regarding the new Traverse or any of the terrific vehicles in the new Chevrolet line-up. We hope to see you soon at Sunrise Chevrolet!