The Fun and Affordable 2015 Chevy Sonic is Great for Glendale Heights and Schaumburg Drivers
The 2015 Chevy Sonic
combines the efficiency and agility of a smaller car with the zip, style, and comfort of something more upscale. If you are looking for a vehicle that fits easily into your budget while still meeting all your requirements for a new car, take a closer look at the new Sonic. The new Sonic is available now at Sunrise Chevrolet where we are only about 10 minutes from the Bloomingdale area.
2015 Chevy Sonic Changes
The 2015 Chevy Sonic mostly retains everything that was great about last year's model, but with a few interesting changes that car buyers should be aware of. Three new colors are available, and 16-inch aluminum wheels can be added as part of a package. The premium LTZ trim also now comes standard with a turbocharged 1.4L four-cylinder that is rare in the class. What may be most exciting is the option to turn any Sonic into a 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot extending high-speed internet access to as many as seven devices at once.
2015 Chevy Sonic Price
The latest Sonic is available as both a hatchback and a sedan. Prices listed below are for the sedan. The hatchback offers lots more cargo capacity and costs a little more at each trim level. In either configuration, a brand-new model is available for less than $15,000.
2015 Chevy Sonic Specs
Two separate powertrains are available. They produce similar numbers, but the turbocharged engine delivers a sportier driving experience. Standard for the Sonic is a 1.8L four-cylinder engine that puts out 138 hp and 125 lb-ft of torque and is paired with either a five-speed manual or automatic transmission.
On the LTZ trim and higher is a turbocharged 1.4L four-cylinder with an output of 138 hp and 148 lb-ft of torque that is paired with either a six-speed manual or automatic transmission. The turbocharged engine can go from zero to 60 mph in less than eight seconds, which is quite quick for this class.
2015 Chevy Sonic MPG
Anyone who owns a 2015 Chevy Sonic will be able to enjoy considerably high fuel efficiency ratings. If you are looking to avoid the pump as much as possible and stretch your travel budget, the Sonic a smart choice. With the standard 1.8L four-cylinder engine, the Sonic is rated at 26 mpg for city driving and 35 mpg on the highway. Fuel efficiency is even better with the turbocharged 1.4L, which sees ratings boosted to 27 mpg city and 37 mpg highway.
Trims and Features
You know how affordable the Sonic is, but that doesn't mean it feels cheap or stripped down. In fact, the vehicle is fully equipped and impressively appointed at every trim level. You can settle for all the basic comforts and conveniences or upgrade your Sonic with advanced technologies and luxury touches.
- 2015 Chevy Sonic LS: Though it may be a subcompact, the Sonic is generously equipped with Bluetooth wireless connectivity, OnStar and complimentary six-month membership, remote keyless entry, 15-inch steel wheels, and a rear spoiler.
- 2015 Chevy Sonic LT: The second LT trim adds 15-inch aluminum wheels, satellite radio with three-month subscription, cruise control, and a six-speaker stereo with USB port. Optional upgrades include the turbocharged engine, a rearview camera, the Chevy MyLink system, and style upgrades.
- 2015 Chevy Sonic LTZ: Comes standard with the turbocharged engine and rearview camera and adds Pandora internet radio, 17-inch aluminum wheels, leatherette seating surfaces, heated front seats, a leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio and cruise controls, voice-activated phone controls, and an available sunroof.
- 2015 Chevy Sonic RS: The premium trim comes with the same standard features as the LTZ plus a chrome sport exhaust, six premium speakers, 17-inch painted aluminum wheels, trim specific exterior upgrades, leather sport seats and a race-inspired steering wheel.
The Sonic is not the biggest car on the road, but it can stand up to any kind of collision. Better still, it can help you avoid many of the most common roadway hazards.
- The 2015 Sonic received a perfect five-star overall rating in government crash tests
- The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety awarded the Sonic top scores in their moderate-overlap front, side, and roof strength crash tests.
- Standard safety features include antilock brakes with break assist, blind-spot mirrors, stability and traction control, and 10 airbags surrounding the cabin.
- Optional safety features include a rearview camera, forward collision alert, and lane departure warning.
Test Drive the 2015 Chevy Sonic in Glendale Heights
You really have to experience the Sonic in person to appreciate its stylish looks, premium materials, roomy back seat, and surprisingly assertive drive. To get to Sunrise Chevrolet from Bloomingdale, take Glen Ellyn Road south to North Avenue where you will find us at 414 East North Avenue in Glendale Heights. We have a large inventory of Sonics on the lot right now, and you can be sure to find the one you want.