The 2015 Chevrolet Equinox is the Versatile Crossover SUV You’ve Been Looking For
Capable, versatile, and efficient, the 2015 Chevrolet Equinox offers all of the comfort, tech features, and robust power that Chicagoland drivers want. This fun to drive crossover is one of the most popular vehicles featured here at Sunrise Chevrolet and for good reason. With its attractive design, spirited performance, and refined, spacious interior, it is ideal for families or anyone on-the-go. Read on to find out more about what this splendid crossover has to offer you here at your leading Bloomingdale-area Chevy dealership.
2015 Chevy Equinox Changes
The major change you’ll find in the 2015 edition of the Equinox is the addition of an OnStar 4G LTE connection standard across all trim levels. What you get with 4G LTE is an in-car WiFi hotspot that provides high-speed internet access for up to 7 devices just about anyplace you go. The Equinox is the very first car in its class to provide 4G LTE. This exciting new addition allows you to stay connected wherever your road takes you.
2015 Equinox Trim Levels and Features
Whichever model you choose, Bloomingdale area drivers will find that the new Chevy Equinox offers a wide array of comfort, convenience, and tech features. You should have no problem finding a model that is loaded with all of the features you desire.
- 2015 Chevy Equinox LS: The entry level model provides Bluetooth connectivity, active noise cancellation, OnStar 4G LTE, satellite radio, a 60/40-split folding and sliding second-row seat, and keyless entry.
- 2015 Chevy Equinox 1LT: Adds a leather-wrapped steering wheel, premium cloth upholstery, tinted rear glass, power side mirrors, and a rearview camera.
- 2015 Chevy Equinox 2LT: Additional features with this trim include heated front seats, eight-way power front driver seat, automatic climate control, and a premium sound system.
- 2015 Chevy Equinox LTZ: The top-of-the-line model comes with leather upholstery, eight-way power front passenger seat, enhanced interior lighting, rear parking sensors, and a power rear liftgate.
Just about all of the features of the upper trims are available options on the lower trims. Other available features include a sunroof, a dual-screen rear-seat entertainment system, and a navigation system.
2015 Equinox Performance Specs
The new Equinox is offered with the choice of two spirited and efficient engines: a 2.4L four-cylinder with an output of 182 hp and 172 lb-ft of torque or a 3.6L V6 that delivers 301 hp with 272 lb-ft of torque. Both engines come paired with a six-speed automatic transmission, and you can choose either front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive. The 2.4L engine has a maximum towing capacity of 1500 pounds, while the 3.6L engine can tow up to 3500 pounds. The easy handling and smooth, quiet ride make driving the Equinox an all-around enjoyable experience for both you and your passengers.
2015 Equinox MPG
The new Equinox has been engineered to save you money at the pump, and that’s good news for drivers in the greater Chicago area. The four-cylinder engine with front-wheel drive has an impressive EPA estimated rating of 22 mpg city and 32 mpg highway, while the all-wheel drive model rates 20 mpg city and 29 mpg highway. The V6 provides a solid 17 mpg city and 24 mpg highway with front-wheel drive, and 16 mpg city and 23 mpg highway when equipped with all-wheel drive.
2015 Equinox Interior
The roomy and comfortable interior of the 2015 Equinox is tastefully designed and provides seating for up to five passengers. There is plenty of leg and headroom, and with the second-row’s sliding and reclining capabilities, more than ample comfort for your passengers in the back seat. The cargo area behind the second-row allows for 31.5 cubic feet of cargo space. With the second-row seatbacks folded down, that extends the maximum cargo capacity to an impressive 63.7 cubic feet.
Lane Departure Warning
2015 Equinox Safety
Drivers from Bloomingdale will appreciate that the 2015 Equinox has been designed and equipped to provide maximum protection before, during, and after a collision. All models carry the following standard safety features:
- Reinforced safety cage structure
- Antilock disc brakes
- Stability and traction control
- Front seat side-impact airbags and side curtain airbags
- LATCH System (Lower Anchor and Tethers for Children)
- OnStar emergency communications system, which provides automatic crash notification, stolen-vehicle assistance, and an emergency assistance button
A rearview camera is standard on all models except for the LS. The LTZ comes with forward collision warning, lane departure warning, and rear parking sensors, all of which are available options on the LT models.
The Equinox has earned the highest possible Top Safety Pick+ rating from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).
2015 Equinox Pricing
Drivers from in and around Bloomingdale will appreciate the remarkably affordable sticker price they’ll find on all of the Equinox models:
- Equinox LS: Has an MSRP of only $24,520.
- Equinox 1LT: Comes with a sticker price of $26,170.
- Equinox 2LT: Is offered at $28,170.
- Equinox LTZ: The premium model is marked at $31,920.
Check Out the Exciting New 2015 Chevrolet Equinox Today
We’d love to have you stop by and take the 2015 Equinox out for a test drive today. Our Chevy showroom near Bloomingdale is located just east of the Glendale Heights Plaza Shopping Center, at 414 East North Ave., in Glendale Heights, IL. Please contact us if you’d like more information about the new Equinox or any of the other excellent new Chevy vehicles featured at our dealership. We look forward to seeing you soon at Sunrise Chevrolet!